Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Bittersweet Countdown

1 1/2 days + 1 1/2 hours.

That is how much more school Z has left.

Tomorrow is his last full day, then a half day, and then on Friday they have church and get their report cards and we are done. Done with 2nd grade, done with uniforms, and done with his current school.

For those who do not know, he has gone to the Catholic school near our home for the past two years. We made the incredible difficult choice to not re-enroll him or enroll his sister for next year because of how expensive it is! For three kids we are talking about in-state college rates. It is the smartest choice and I have not felt any twinges of doubts that this is the best choice for our family and where we are today. Emotionally I am not so confident. I hurt knowing he will not be getting the religious education at school and I hurt knowing he will have to join a new school and be the "new kid" again. In that respect I feel like I have failed him (yes in my head I know that is not true but my heart is louder than my head right now!)

So if you think of me please pray I will not be too self-involved and emotional over all of this. Oh and that Z will get into the school we hope for the fall. More on that another day. Now back to my tea and pity party.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Somedays it is just hard to be a Mama!
How is your sweet babies little face healing?