Sunday, August 17, 2008

New Rule

Whenever there is music playing anywhere it must be posted in some way, some where with the title and the artist.

I was sitting at my laptop, catching up on blogs and listening to the Olympics. I know listening to the Olympics seems pretty irrational but I am a multi-tasker and cannot do anything with out doing something else too.

Anyway, here I am reading up on those blogs I have come to love so dearly when a song catches my attention. Now I love music. It is not uncommon for me to be in the middle of 3 or 4 things and hear a song that causes me to stop all said things to listen, sing, dance to the song. The song that caught my ear was the music to the adorable Shawn Johnson’s floor routine. It is the 3rd time I have heard it but I never noticed how beautiful her song is. It is the new soundtrack to my life… or at least part of it. Except for that weird middle part where it sounds like police sirens in London. (Not that I have been to London but I have seen 101 Dalmatians about 101 times – all versions.)

By the way that cute girl from the Chinese team, Jiang Yuyuan, has a great song too. It is on now and it just makes me happy. That and her fabulous dimple. I am so jealous.

I understand the new iPhone has the ability to “listen” to a song and tell you the title and artist and you can even purchase it from iTunes right then and there! I have to have that! If you have one I am so jealous. Tell me if it works as well as I imagine it to.

1 comment:

Angie @ Flibbertigibberish said...

It's so interesting that you mention Shawn Johnson's song. I'll have to find it and listen to it. I'm always so distracted by the sirens in the middle that I lose all focus on the music, her routine or pretty much anything else around me. It seems so random and annoying to me that I lose my concentration! I'll have to find it though, because if you say it's beautiful, I'll have to look past the sirens. :)